Malcolm Rig elbow pin

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
brook
Malcolm Rig elbow pin

Post by brook » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Hello everybody, I am making my first steps with the Malcolm Rig and I have a little problem.
I am working with elbow pin on Malcolm, my question is can i disable auto stretch when elbow pin is on, even if the auto stretch is off in the IK controller I always find myself stretching the arm and not knowing what is the original length of the arm.

by the way a great thanks to animschool for that amazing rig.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Malcolm Rig elbow pin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Hello! If I understand you correctly, you can't do it. The elbow pin works by stretching the arm.

You just have to eyeball the lengths. Compensate by moving the shoulders, etc as you would in real life. Turn on and off the elbow pin to get a sense for how stretched it is. Then you'll know how much compensation to do.

brook

Re: Malcolm Rig elbow pin

Post by brook » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 pm

admin wrote:Hello! If I understand you correctly, you can't do it. The elbow pin works by stretching the arm.

You just have to eyeball the lengths. Compensate by moving the shoulders, etc as you would in real life. Turn on and off the elbow pin to get a sense for how stretched it is. Then you'll know how much compensation to do.

thank you for your response, its the way I was doing it, was just wondering if there was a faster way :D
thanks again