Controls exploding when referencing in malcolm.ma

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
frozenlynx
Controls exploding when referencing in malcolm.ma

Post by frozenlynx » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Hey everyone,

I just got a chance to download the incredible Malcolm rig (thank you for making this available!) and ran into some issues getting the IK/FK switches to work. I figured this was likely due to having not referenced the file into a clean scene, but rather simply opening it directly. This solved the issue with IK/FK switching, but brought up another more problematic one:

As you can see, when referencing Malcolm into the scene, all of his controls become gigantic. I tried playing with some of the reference options, but nothing helped. This did not occur when I simply opened the file. Any thoughts?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Controls exploding when referencing in malcolm.ma

Post by admin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Not to worry, Frozen! That's just the joints you're looking at. Just change the joint display size in Maya (it's not related to Malcolm)
frozenlynx wrote:Hey everyone,

I just got a chance to download the incredible Malcolm rig (thank you for making this available!) and ran into some issues getting the IK/FK switches to work. I figured this was likely due to having not referenced the file into a clean scene, but rather simply opening it directly. This solved the issue with IK/FK switching, but brought up another more problematic one:

As you can see, when referencing Malcolm into the scene, all of his controls become gigantic. I tried playing with some of the reference options, but nothing helped. This did not occur when I simply opened the file. Any thoughts?

frozenlynx

Re: Controls exploding when referencing in malcolm.ma

Post by frozenlynx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:06 am

I had figured out my mistake moments after making this post (as evidenced with the other post I made in hopes that this wouldn't surface and no one would ever know of my novice mistake), but I'd still like to say thanks a lot for replying so quickly. This rig easily gives the most control over movement and posing of any free rig I've ever come across and you all have my gratitude for it.

Cheers.