Malcolm ABX Picker Installation Problems

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
LugNut
Malcolm ABX Picker Installation Problems

Post by LugNut » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with the basics, installing the abxPicker if somebody could help me?

I've opened up the Malcolm.ma file (Maya 2011), and followed AnimSchools installation instructions and have the abxPicker.mel and the abxPicker.png in the script folder with the path: C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\My Documents\maya\2011\scripts.

Then back in Maya when I run the command:

source "abxPicker.mel"; abxPicker;

It comes up with an error as if it can't find it? Has anyone else experienced this? Could really do with some help as I can't really progress much.

I noticed people had to rename the Picker in Outliner but I can't seem to find it in there either!
abxpickerproblem.jpg
Thanks,

Lugz

admin
Site Admin

Re: Malcolm ABX Picker Installation Problems

Post by admin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Did you relaunch Maya?

Regarding the second problem, you have to import the picker maya file first, in order to see it in the outliner.
LugNut wrote:Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with the basics, installing the abxPicker if somebody could help me?

I've opened up the Malcolm.ma file (Maya 2011), and followed AnimSchools installation instructions and have the abxPicker.mel and the abxPicker.png in the script folder with the path: C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\My Documents\maya\2011\scripts.

Then back in Maya when I run the command:

source "abxPicker.mel"; abxPicker;

It comes up with an error as if it can't find it? Has anyone else experienced this? Could really do with some help as I can't really progress much.

I noticed people had to rename the Picker in Outliner but I can't seem to find it in there either!
abxpickerproblem.jpg
Thanks,

Lugz

LugNut

Re: Malcolm ABX Picker Installation Problems

Post by LugNut » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:05 am

Yes I did relaunch Maya but that didn't work.

But I didn't import the maya picker file before. Just tried it, ran the mel script again and it popped up - very happy!

Thanks for the help Dave :P