mirror pose. Not working for me

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
bharatnag
mirror pose. Not working for me

Post by bharatnag » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:59 am

There is a mirror pose option in the Picker that comes with the rig. in the leg ik control i keyed the translate z and footroll but as i mirror the pose to the other leg only the translate z gets mirrored not the footroll. any suggestions??? here take a look at the image below....

daveg

Re: mirror pose. Not working for me

Post by daveg » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 am

Hi! Yes, mirror pose has some limitations. If someone sends me better mel, I'll put it in. Scripting is not my forte.

But, having to dial in a footroll value is not exactly a show-stopper! ;)
bharatnag wrote:There is a mirror pose option in the Picker that comes with the rig. in the leg ik control i keyed the translate z and footroll but as i mirror the pose to the other leg only the translate z gets mirrored not the footroll. any suggestions??? here take a look at the image below....

bharatnag

Post by bharatnag » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:55 am

ok thanks Dave. Ya I did it that way. anyways the rig is awesome to play with. Thanks a lot.

Horganovski

Post by Horganovski » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:58 am

I've been working on a tool for this kind of thing, I call it the 'walkcycle buddy'. It's designed to be more of a standalone tool that has a lot of different functions for mirroring poses, curves and other things like that.

It's not quite ready to release yet though. Here's a peek at the most basic function for mirroring feet poses.
http://www.graphite9.com/Beta/bh_walkcy ... Buddy.html

Cheers,
Brian